Did you know? Fast Facts about Navistar
- Navistar has about 12,300 active employees across all its locations.
- The company is headquartered in Lisle, Illinois.
- Nearly one in four Class 6 through 8 vehicles on the road today is a Navistar International truck. The company also produces over a third of all school buses used in North America.
Growing in the U.S.
- In 2017, Navistar ranked as the third largest employer in Clark County in the Chamber of Greater Springfield top employers list. There are more than 1,800 workers at our Springfield Assembly Plant and thousands of retirees living in the area.
- Navistar added approximately 600 new jobs in the last year in the Springfield Assembly Plant to support the production of two new vehicles.
- Over the last five years, millions of dollars have been invested in Navistar’s plants and parts distribution centers on items such as new Andon systems, simulated work environments and standardization of material delivery.
Focus on Safety
- Navistar closely tracks Lost Time Case Rate (LTCR) and Injury Frequency Rate (IFR) as key safety performance indicators. Significant progress has been made with decreases in IFR and LTC almost every year over the past eight years. In 2017, LTCR saw a 14.5 percent improvement from 2016 and the IFR saw a 12 percent improvement over 2016.
- In 2018, across Navistar’s manufacturing plants and parts distribution centers, about 16,600 suggestions have been submitted through t-cards by employees and just over 13,800 have been addressed. These suggestions often make operator’s jobs safer and more efficient.